Import DWG or DXF into Visual: Recommended process to import a CAD file into Visual.
If you are unable import a DWG or DXF file into Visual, you may need to first clean up the CAD file in AutoCAD.
Following these steps should insure that all the information in the CAD file is imported into Visual.
In AutoCAD :
- In the Layers Dialog turn on, unfreeze, and unlock all layers to be exported (Optional).
- From the Modify menu select the Move command, select all the entities in the drawing with a selection window. Move the objects to the destination coordinates 0,0,0.
- Explode all entities by selecting Explode from the Modify menu and selecting all the entities with a selection window.
- If the AutoCAD file contains references to any external files (XREF) you will need to bind these files to the drawing. From the Insert menu select XREF Manager. From the XREF Manager Dialog choose the XREF files and select the Bind button.
- From the File menu, select Drawing Utilities then select Purge. Check the option to Purge All Items on the dialog that appears.
- From the File menu, select Drawing Utilities then select Audit. Select Yes (Y) to fix an problems found with the Audit.
- From the File menu, select Export then select the AutoCAD 2000 DWG or DXF file format.
- Save the CAD file and attempt to import into Visual.
If are still unable to import the CAD file into Visual then please email the CAD file to the Visual Support Center at support@visual-3D.com
Reference ID: 50065 ( 59 )
Last Updated: 8/7/2013 9:49:03 AM